St. Mary Plaza
4021 Avenue B
Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361
1118 Flack Avenue
Alliance, Nebraska 69301
Hospice recognizes death as a normal process, which should neither be hastened nor postponed. It provides the care and support necessary for terminally ill individuals and their families to live as fully and comfortably as possible. Staffed by an interdisciplinary team, Hospice recognizes the varied needs of individuals and families.
- Individuals must be diagnosed with a terminal illness with a limited life expectancy
- Must be referred by individual's physician
- Awareness by the individual and family of diagnosis and prognosis
- Management of pain and disease related symptoms
- Instruction and support for family members to enable them to care for the patient at home
- Social work and counseling services
- Spiritual support and pastoral care
- Nutritional counseling
- Provision of care to nursing facility residents
- Home health aide and personal care assistance
- Medical supplies and equipment related to terminal illness
- Prescription medications related to the terminal illness
- Bereavement follow-up for one year
- Volunteer services including respite care, homemaking assistance and emotional support
- Massage therapy
To improve life for all people facing advanced illness, dying, death and grief.
To provide exceptional, patient directed, compassionate, responsive, cost effective care that alleviates suffering and improves the quality of life for people and their families in the panhandle of Nebraska and eastern Wyoming.
To promote the emotional, spiritual and physical well being of survivors after loss.
To lead, educate and influence the communities we serve in the care of all people facing advanced illness, dying, death and grief.